JOB TITLE: Accounting Assistant
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: General ledger Accounting Assistant reporting to the Accounting Manager. This position will be responsible Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, corporate credit card program administration, as well back-up receptionist responsibilities. Duties will include sales order & invoice entry, cash receipts processing, credit memos, vendor invoice entry, check runs, billbacks, corporate credit card issuance & program administration, answering phones, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer invoice entry
- Match packing slips to customer invoices
- Verify correct pricing on invoices
- Create credit memos for approved credits
- Cash receipts processing
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted. Research any discrepancies.
- Collect on accounts by sending bill reminders and communicating with customers.
- Track keg returns and issue keg return credits
- Codes and posts invoices to appropriate G/L account codes.
- Obtain approvals on invoices
- Perform three-way match
- Perform weekly check runs
- Route distributor bill backs for approval and process approved bill backs
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of purchase orders.
- Acts as liaison resolving payment issues with.
- Record payments by entering them into an ERP system.
- Corporate credit card program administration:
- New card issuance
- Credit limit maintenance
- Weekly & monthly reporting
- Administer expense reporting system.
- Prepare sales/use tax and misc. tax filings
- Assist with month end close: Prepare required period end journal entries, accruals and schedules as required to support accurate reporting of financial results Preparation and entry of Journal Entries.
- Performs various office functions such as answering telephone inquiries.
- May perform other accounting, reporting and record keeping functions, and special assignments as assigned by management.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Full working knowledge of procure to pay, and order to cash cycles.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Outlook, Word.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with ERP system(s); Plex preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter and should also have the proven ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, initiative, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, good judgment, sense of urgency and professionalism in dealing with confidential information.
- Strong Work Ethic; someone who is reliable, dependable, goes the extra mile, and has a sense of urgency.
- Customer Focused; Keeps our customers satisfaction in mind in all aspects of their work.
- Must be able to create detailed accounting and analytical reports, spreadsheets, and business correspondence.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under deadlines and fast changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain detailed, accurate records.
- Ability to work with a large volume of numbers accurately and efficiently.
- Good critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish a variety of tasks or demands.
- Ability to manage projects and complete tasks by meeting timelines and goals.
- Ability to work well independently and collaborate effectively with a team.
- Experience with importing/exporting data and data manipulation.
- Occasionally required to lift and transport items weighing up to 25 lbs.
EQUIPMENT FREQUENTLY USED:
Employee frequently works in a brewery environment with a moderate amount of noise and activity. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com